Sunday 12 January 2014

Joy's Vegan Sausage Rolls

These "sausage" rolls kept me sane for a few months of semi-inforced veganism as my boyfriend at the time suddenly went dairy free! They're ridiculous easy to make but I didn't have much time or money last week to be more creative.

1 pack of Jus Roll puff pastry (This is the only which is actually vegan. Do NOT get the low fat one, the Tesco one, the all butter one etc)
1 pack of stuffing mix, I used Co-op sage and onion. In my experience, most stuffing mixs are vegan
Soya milk/rice milk etc

Cut pastry lengthways. Mix up stuffing mix and place down middle of pastry strips. Lightly roll one of the edges of the pastry, brush with a little soya milk/water and roll the pastry around the stuffing mix. Cut into bite size chunks, add a few slashes with a sharp knife and brush with a little soya milk.
Bake at 200°C for about 30mins or until golden brown. Looking at the photo I don't think I did mine quite long enough!


And THAT is me up to date - phew! What a productive Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment