Sunday 12 January 2014

Joy's Cosmopolitan Rolls

August:
August was No Bake month, and I was one of 2 or 3 who made Rocky Road so I won't bother posting the recipe for that as everyone knows how to make it!

September:
I didn't go - sorry!

October:
October was cocktail month, and as I was beginning to get into the Christmas spirit, I fancied making some cranberry sauce, but I added orange and vodka as a nod to the Cosmopolitan! However nowhere was selling fresh cranberries yet and so I settled for dried and used this recipe, but used vodka instead of Grand Marnier:

http://frenchfood.about.com/od/dressingpreservessauces/r/Cranberry-Orange-Relish-Recipe.htm

I spread this over bought puff pastry (I know, I know, I'm a terrible lazy person, especially as it's about the 3rd time I've used it!), then added some turkey slices to keep with the Christmas theme! I rolled this up, chopped it into bite-size chunks and baked. Probably at 200°C for about 20mins but I can't really remember, sorry. I vaguely recall that the pastry didn't rise particularly well, so not my best idea yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment