Thursday 8 December 2011

Charlie's Gingerbread Biscuits

Very Easy Gingerbread Biscuits

Ingredients:
350g Plain Flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 tsp Ground Ginger
115g Unsalted Butter, chilled and diced
175g Light Muscovado Sugar
1 Egg
2 tbsp black treacle or golden syrup (I used golden syrup!)

1. Preheat the oven to 180. Grease 2 or 3 large baking sheets.

2. Put the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and diced butter into the bowl of the food processor. Process until the mixture begins to resemble fine breadcrumbs.

3. Add the sugar, egg and treacle or syrup to the food processor and process the mixture until it begins to form into a ball.

4. Turn the dough out on to a lightly floured surface, and knead until its smooth and pliable.

5. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface (I kept the dough quite thick as I like gooey biscuits - but roll to thickness of your choice!). Cut out shapes using cutters, then transfer to the baking sheets. Re-roll any trimmings and cut out more shapes.

6. Bake for 15 minutes (I did 12 as a) I have a fan oven and b) I like gooey biscuits!!!) until slightly risen and starting to colour around the edges. Leave for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Decorate as you wish!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm making these right now! Just wanted to add that the cookie dough tastes awesome...! X

    ReplyDelete